This week I’ll be visiting police stations in some of the most remote and rural areas of Northern Zululand. I am part of the video team which will be travelling with and filming those judging the stations for the Safety and Security awards 2007/8. I have been given an indemnity form to sign which absolves and holds harmless the State (and its officers and employees) “for any damage arising out of loss of life or bodily injuries suffered by me or any loss or damage to my and/or property or estate arising out of negligence, failure, incompetence or any intentional act whatever”. I have been advised by senior council that this is unconstitutional and I should not sign. So tomorrow when I arrive at morning bells at our meeting spot I will try to avoid signing the illegal document, or at least hope they accept the modified version I’ll have with me.
I intend to post photos when I get back, though I have signed a confidentiality agreement, so my sharing will be restricted.
In the mean time, have a good week and may incompetence not knock on your door asking for absolution.
No comments:
Post a Comment