Saturday, February 02, 2008

Monopoly- World edition

The new Monopoly, Monopoly-World Edition, will feature 22 of the greatest cities in the world. The people at Monopoly decide which cities will appear on the board very democratically: the world is allowed to vote! The city with the most votes takes the top spot and will be the most expensive city to buy in on the board, if I’m remembering the rules correctly.

Cape Town is right up there. When I started voting Cape Town was in 27th place out of 68 cities. It is now 8th on the leader board!

You can vote too. Go to this address: http://www.monopolyworldvote.com/en_US/world

1. REGISTER (They just need your e-mail address)

2. LOG IN

3. ADD CAPE TOWN TO YOUR CITIES BY CLICKING "ADD TO MY CITIES."

4. GO TO "MY CITIES"

5. CLICK ON VOTE

6. ENTER THE NUMBERS THAT THEY PUT THERE TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE HUMAN AND NOT AN AUTOMATED ROBOT BUILT TO VOTE.

7. AND VOTE EVERY DAY UNTIL 29 FEBRUARY!

There are also wildcard cities, I’ve nominated Durban and I’m obviously not the only one because it was among the 20 most voted for wildcard cities. But eish! Today it is gone from the list. Johannesburg is there now which is just as good J

When it comes to which cities will be on Monopoly-World Edition, your vote counts.


It'll be so much fun to play the new version of this old game again, so I just thought you should know, even if you don't vote :)

No comments: