Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Camps bay song

A few years ago there was a Frenchman visiting Cape Town with his friend "The Prince" who may or may not have actually been a prince. He certainly lived like one. I landed up hanging out with these guys a bit and was there when Charles met Andrew. Charles is the Frenchman and Andrew is the coloured guy who busks in Camps Bay. Charles decided that he and Andrew would collaboratively write a song which Prince Valere would produce. The music video would be filmed in the mansion the Prince stayed in and it would be a great big hit. Well, it's three years later and the song has made it on to Youtube! Charles, now back in France, sent me the link recently and asked if I'd help promote the song here in RSA in time for the world cup. So while I doubt my blog has a readership numerous enough to make a hit of a song, I'm not sure this song has what it takes to be a hit- maybe the bikini girl trying to sing along lets the video down- Tell me what you think!



Singing girl @ 1:33
Charles the Frenchman @ 2:06
Prince Valeré @ 2:15
Awkward singing girl again @ 3:36

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Video is not great, accents are dodgy - but - I think the song is nice! Its quite a catchy tune!