Thursday, January 24, 2008

Boys/girls night

Robbie had dinner plans with the Guys tonight and I had many plans of my own. First I was going to watch two dvds. (I normally can't stay awake for even 1 but the lady at the video store insisted I take 2 for the price of one when I asked her to help me choose). Then I was going to wash the dishes that have piled up in the sink, maybe with some music and a glass of wine. Then I was going to give myself a facial complete with face mask and extra long bath.

Such good intentions I had. But then my sister-in-law popped in for a visit and we chatted away until a few minutes ago! It was so nice catching up and hearing about the pregnancy. I'm really impressed with how she is coping. For a while she couldn't sleep for more than an hour at a time, now she is barely awake for an hour at a time! Not to mention the constant physical and emotional strain. And it also seems like here in South Africa people don't really think to offer assistance or respect to a pregnant woman- as the person at the front of the UNISA line said to her after she stood queuing for three hours, "being pregnant isn't a disease"!!! With her family and closest friends in Germany I imagine it must be really tough at times, but I hope she can feel how much love and support she has here.




I'm not at all upset that I didn't get to wash the dishes (but I owe myself a face mask).

No comments: