Monday, August 27, 2007

Talking about food and speeches...

According to Alan in seat 10A, Jacob Zuma should be the next president of the country and he is the victim of a 6 year long witch hunt.

We discuss politics and statues over the empty seat between us for as long as we are between Johannesburg and Durban. All the while memories of the weekend spent with family in celebration, memories that make me warm and proud and so grateful, settle comfortably in the part of my brain where long-term memories go.

The cheese platter. That’s what I’m thinking about as Alan in 10A tells me he knows what it’s like to go hungry. Can you believe it! Alan’s telling me about how he grew up in poverty (and is now living in the suburbs with neighbours that call his family “you people”) and I’m thinking of the food at last nights wedding. I’m also thinking about the dancing and how by the end of the night it had turned to jumping, bouncing and spinning.

I’ll post pictures, maybe not of the cheese, but definitely of my beautiful sister and her husband… I can share one now that doesn’t include the honourable aforementioned Mr and Mrs Katz. It is a snap from the afore aforementioned dance floor late in the evening. These are girls I go so way back with and with whom I've danced on many a dance floor: Leanne, Ruth and Romy, or Linky, Ruthie and Ro- the latter my personal preference.










Congratulations again to the happy couple and I hope you didn’t have to give many more speeches at tonight’s dinner, it’s all been said, and so very well!

xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photo of four gorgeous women!!!