Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Nothing went wrong

I spent the whole day anticipating a disaster.
But nothing.
Not even a minor set back.
Perhaps leaving my bag at the in-laws after supper constitutes a little black moment but that was it. really. The whole day.
I woke up extra early to compensate for how late I thought I’d be running. I didn’t speak on my phone when I was driving at all because today might have been the day I drove into the back of someone. I didn’t fall off the treadmill at gym (though to be honest I got off while it was still moving and stumbled a bit).
I wasn’t late.
The last few outstanding props on my list were easily found.
Everyone who needed to be at the shoot was there.
PLUS extra help from talented angel friends.
The kids finally looked great in their clothes and they actually acted kinda well, naturally. unlike most kiddie actors.
The face-lifted set sparkled and though the sound quality was poor (POOR!) to say the least and wasted lots of time- it’s really not my department- and we still finished right on schedule.
I even remembered to get Smarties for the kids (and crew)
for a half-time energy boost.
I like this directing thing…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are a genuis - knew you would be stella!! Such a competent chicken pie you are you are you are....
So nu? what's the next project, lets do something together!
K?