Friday, December 01, 2006

December 1

Gosh. It’s December already. How time flies. As those who haven’t made holiday plans scramble to secure last minute bookings, I am sending out my CV in the hope of landing me a job for next year. And, just as those who are trying to find accommodation in Plett are finding out; there are no vacancies! If I cannot get the Plettenberg Bay of jobs, I’ll keep trying because even if I settle for say the George of jobs, I’m at least closer to the road that leads to Plett, and passes through the lovely town of Knysna on the way. Don’t worry people I’m not moving to George. I’m just making an analogy, see? I’ve been so unsure of what exactly I want to be doing career-wise that I ran the risk of doing nothing for fear of doing the wrong thing. But I am not afraid any more. 9-5 here I come… K, I am a bit afraid, but that’s fine.

On another note, fauna in these parts are flourishing and in many cases encroaching. Geckos scuttle across the walls, big blue-headed lizards are always busy in the bushes and a green garden snake was found stretching lethargically across the driveway. Now swallows have begun building a nest of mud in the garage and somehow a bright red millipede found its way into my underwear draw! Eeek!


Notice above: I’ve added a little ‘quote of the day’ banner to the top of my blog so that even if I present nothing new for you to read they (whoever they are) will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The author of the book "The First Wives Club" received 37 reject slips before she found a publisher who was willing to take her on!! The moral of the story clearly is ... never give up and keep on striving - you CAN do it!