Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wage woe

I met with M.C.R yesterday and my freelancing gig was extended- good thing. I agreed to fee far smaller than should have- bad thing. Consider this: on completion of these 3 [THREE] proposals I will get paid an amount equal to the first writing job [ONE proposal] I did for him. I only even agreed to that price to begin with as we were just testing waters- could I do the work and to his standard? That has now been proven, and then some. Solution: I need to toughen up- know my worth- stick to my guns- and write a well worded e-mail… *Argh*

Proposal one will be for a documentary on hand rearing the honey badger. Yes. The honey badger. I know nothing about it either. Task two involves adding more ‘legend’ to a proposed documentary on the legend of the black leopard and the third assignment is to rework parts of a previously written proposal which has gotten some feed back from the honchos at Nat Geo- remember the spume? That one.

I’ll be in Jo’burg on Friday. Looking forward to Vida-e with Linky and Joeleen’s bachelorette. I’ll be back in Durbs on Thursday with wedding gifts and a prime selection from the 1700 photos.

P.S Loose Change is a documentary written and directed by an ambitious young American named Dylan Avery. It presents a possible explanation (conspiracy theory) of the September 11 attacks. It alleges that the attacks were not the result of terrorism but a series of cleverly executed events carried out by the US government. I learnt about this documentary recently and tell you about it now because I was amazed and amused by the attention (supporting and opposing) it has garnered.

P.P.S This blog's original title was ‘wage war’ but on consideration I realized I should save the word war in case I need it for the title of a post I write about the Middle-East conflict. Besides, it might be a rather insensitive title... anyway, mine is hardly a war.

No comments: