Monday, February 27, 2006

Gaming

Arrived home from Joburg yesterday and after dinner and catch-up at Rob’s parents we got stuck into a game of Ratchet and Clank. This is the only Playstation game I have ever actually enjoyed. Ratchet is an alien creature that looks like a cross between a cat and a rabbit and Clank is his robot sidekick. They have been assigned a mission to eliminate the universal enemy, Chairman Drek, who is planning to blow up planet after planet. Robbie and I cheer each other on as we take turns trying to help them succeed; going from one planet to the next, bashing things, gathering up nuts and bolts and finding weapons along the way. When one of us gets stuck we hand the controller to the other and usually don’t get the controller back for a while. We haven’t even gotten past the first bit of the game but they say the game can literally go on forever. I think the Cape Town Pillemer’s have finished the game and with that knowledge fuelling our competitive streaks Robbie and I might easily be having a few more late night marathon Ratchet and Clank adventures.

No comments: