Dear Sir/Madam
I write to you as a loyal but concerned customer. I have always considered Woolworths to be a company that provides goods of superior quality. The prices for comparable goods are always higher at Woolworths but due to its perceived superior quality it is a premium well worth incurring. This belief of mine, however, was serendipitously challenged last Friday afternoon.
The events leading up to this revelation are essentially as follows: I had suggested, not too subtly, that some bright flowers would be an ideal gift to lighten up my life and the home in which my fiancé and I live. Needless to say, it took a day and a half for the message to sink in and before I knew it Friday was upon us. I decided to buy some flowers for myself at Buxtons Centre while picking up some items from the Spar. That evening when my fiancé came home from work, much to my delight, he too had bought me a bunch of flowers. I saw that they were from Woolworths and thought that just like the other products, the probabilities
are that they would last longer than the flowers from Spar.Enclosed herein is proof to the contrary.
It has made me start to wonder whether the Humus at Spar is in fact superior. I started to wonder if the fruits at Woolworths are in fact inferior. Were the flowers a message from the powers that influence my purchasing patterns? Perhaps there are justifiable reasons or a freak occurrence that explain why this particular bunch of flowers were so drastically inferior.
As a loyal customer of Woolworths for the last 10 years, I write to bring your attention to my dilemma and would appreciate if you could bare some light on what my understanding of the aforementioned events should be.
I look forward to your prompt response.
Loyal customer,
Terri _________
3 comments:
That`s a funny letter.
Have you by any chance checked my post box?
Hi Ilan
I have been checking your mailbox on a regular basis and a number of slips instructing package collection have indeed arrived. However, the bureaucrat at the post office wouldn’t let anyone (me) who isn’t Ilan Pillemer (you. With a valid ID) collect the items. I guess you’ll have to do it when you get back. PS- if you are back by the weekend maybe you and Sandra will join Robbie and I at the A1 Grand Prix?
Did the twerp as the post office say he would keep the packages for when I get back or that he would return them to sender?
That`s what I am worried about.... Could you check with them on that (phone them or go there or something) ?
The UNISA stuff should not require ID as it is not registered.
Post a Comment