Monday, December 12, 2005
The show must go on
On Thursday we rehearsed for the first time with the full cast; Julia and Mfundo, in the venue where our show will be performed; Hectic on Hope. It was a good rehearsal and I left feeling sure that in 10 days we would be ready to launch into the week of performance with ease and confidence. On Thursday evening I received a text message from Mfundo informing me that his father had just passed away and asking me please not to call. Oh dear. A tragic and puzzling situation. All the possible solutions grappled away with themselves in my head. Only on Saturday morning did Mfundo make contact- he would have to go back to the Eastern Cape for his dad’s funeral and to be with his family. Of course I understood, but what were we to do? As the old cliché goes: the show must go on… so this morning, with less than 1 week till opening night, we had our first rehearsal with the new cast; Julia and Marty, in the same space. This week will be spent rehearsing like mad trying to get the show up to a standard that we can all be proud of while somewhere in between I have my graduation ceremony and MCQP (Mother City Queer Parade) where I am a clown. Never a dull day! (just sneaking in one more cliché before I go)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment