I had wanted to be at yoga by 8:15 (you are made to feel terrible for arriving late so if I am I won't go). I wanted my arms to be floating toward the sky with my feet firmly planted on the mat and my breathe the greatest focus of my mind. But first I had to get there which meant dropping the kids off at holiday camp with Fikile and drawing money for the camp before and, to add to the morning rush, the house had to be left presentable for prospective buyers coming around at some point in the morning.
Like suddenly it was half past seven. Fikile had just arrived. I still had to get myself and Little M ready and I'm packing the dish washer. 7:30 and Fikile is making beds and Little M is running around in her nappy trying to brush her teeth and I still have to shower and it hasn't occurred to me that I won't make yoga. It's half a miracle actually that we all even made it out of the house. Only when I dropped the gang at holiday camp and started to break the speed limit at 8:13 did I realize it just wasn't going to happen. I'd failed. I felt miserable.
So I drove to Vida-e and that's where I am now. With my fingers on a key board instead of
supporting my bent forward body in downward dog and I'm working out how to go forward. Sure I'm frustrated; I planned for something which didn't work out. But maybe I could have planned better. As my yoga buddy Veggietots Mom says: failing to plan is planning to
fail. I could have set my alarm for earlier. And drawn cash yesterday, that would have been planning. So next week, and even this week as a Shabbat we plan to keep draws near- planning will be the key. The other thing to remember going forward into the day is that I have two beautiful kids all clean and dressed having a fun morning at holiday camp, my husband took a packet of fresh healthy food with him to work and the
house- if not immaculate- is clean enough and it isn't even 9am. So feel fab, Girl, not frustrated!
Time to go. Take a nice slow breath- don't have to be in Yoga class to breathe. Nor to plant my feet firmly on the ground when I stand. Though walking my hands away from my feet for downward dog would be totally out of place just about anywhere but a yoga studio, so that I plan to save for next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment