Yesterday I nearly rolled out a red carpet for the
handyman who came to fix toilet seats and take apart Baby M’s cot. Her sweet space is now re-arranged and as of today- with thanks to Mr
Price Home and a piece of plastic in my purse- it's the most lovely little girl's room, complete with adorable birdy wall stickers.
Then tonight I sorted out my dressing room
table. It was like my unofficial New Year's resolution and now it’s done so I
can take it easy till next year!
Finally sorting through all the
baskets on the Yellowwood desk,
I realized a few things about my accessories:
I realized a few things about my accessories:
a) I don’t wear earrings
b) I have a lot of earrings (thanks to my stylish, generous sister and the magazines
that come with free gifts) And,
c) I still have jewelry from my Bat Mitzvah
The only way I could actually see all of this, and come up with such profound realizations, was because of the Bling Thing. I bought the Bling Thing at a friend's show day stall and I tell you, it’s an amazing thing. I hadn't put it up because I can't imagine how toddlers will resist pulling it down, but now it is up and when the cupboard is open (which can never be when the kids are around) I can
finally see all my little pieces.
I’m re-inspired to wear earrings. And cute brooches. And I'd love a nice new ring.
But I could actually get rid of most of it.
![]() |
| Bling Thing |
I’m re-inspired to wear earrings. And cute brooches. And I'd love a nice new ring.
But I could actually get rid of most of it.
Accessories that survive the purge win a good clean. A wipe for plastic, wooden and leather items and for the pretty dangling ones, they deserve a really good shine and polish.
Have no idea what will work best on the various metals so I'm on the look out for a simple solution and welcome any advice.
I definitely have to do this before next year (resolution alert!).
Also to take care of at home in 2013:
a) Sort out CD and photo albums
b)“File” the children’s art from the last
two terms
c) Renovate the front of our house
d) Re-build the deck
e) Sell, move to uMhlanga, cancel out c and
d
First, finish the job I started. Scattered on the floor are glue, locks, buttons,
little organza bags, all forcibly removed from their squat on my desk. I fear a protest if no new homes are found soon. At the very least one of us will trip on something. Be cool :)

No comments:
Post a Comment