Saturday, December 08, 2012

Report on 2012

A dear friend in England asked after my family, an extract from my reply will serve as part of year-end update before our holiday begins and I leave my computer behind:

Baby M is nearly 2. She has a wonderful wild spirit. She loves her dad, cheese ("chehz") and her fluffy bunny toy ("Bunneh"). She squeals and bites now and again. Dances a lot. sings. Gets very excited about shongololos ("lolo! lolo!"). Smiles to light up the world. And can drive her brother mad. Son is quickly rattled by the unpredictable ways of his little sister. He's just completed 000 (Pre-pre-primary, phase 1, whatever you call class for nearly-four-yearolds) and his report made us very proud! This year he learnt to draw the figure of a person, cut with his left-handed scissors and even write his name. Outside of academics, he thoroughly enjoys apple skin, playing trains and making up stories about little mice, scary monsters and Jabberwocks.
Both M and Son are learning to swim. I hope we'll make good progress this summer.

As for Robbie and I...
He learnt to surf (very happy with his custom-made board and surf-report apps). I took up tennis.

Jo'burg tomorrow. Then Cape Town. Then Himeville. Lekker long holiday! Hope we survive :)  

xx


No comments: