Our mornings are chaotic. Not really. It just feels that way some days. Like this morning I only got out of bed at 6:30 (sleep in!!!!) and was faced with a monster to do list in order for us to even get out the door: Put Son in school clothes after a visit to the bathroom, get him to eat something and pack his school bag all by 7 while somehow getting myself dressed and ready too WHILE keeping happy vibes reigning throughout the home. Sometimes that's the part that's gotta give but today, because Baby M had a sleep in too, I didn't have to love her and hold her and pinch her cute face, which lightened the load exponentially. Dear husband took care of himself and I forewent my coffee.
Just after 7am we were in the car and strapping Son's friend Rachel in beside him. We're in a lift scheme now, you know! It's too sweet; Son and his two BFFB's (best friends from birth) share rides most days because with the drive to our new school being such a schlepp it just makes sense that we all help each other out.
What doesn't cease to amaze me is how, in under 3 years of life, children can grow to be such unique and capable characters. I so enjoy my car full of the sounds of toddler songs and sentences. "Bus world!!! Can we listen to Barney? No, Barney! Is this Bus World? Barney!!! I dropped my raggy! Are we on the highway? Do we have raisins in the car? Put Barney louder! Raaaaagggggiiieeee!!! PLEASE??? Hello big truck. Can we open the window? CAN WE OPEN THE WINDOW? PLEASE??? Oh, is this the highway. Digger! I saw a digger! What is that funny digger doing? I've finished my raisins! I want the funny song now! Put Barney again! No, the FUNNY song! Is this the funny song? Is this the road? Can we open the window now? Is this our school?... I can get out on my own. Help! I can put my shoes on. Help!" and then they are off. I can now listen to the radio if my ears are still prepared to take anything more in.
With the new lift scheme in place, and Robbie's undertaking to help out a few mornings a week, I will get to have a cup of coffee some mornings after all. I'll even be able to stick to my fitness goals... When work picks up I'm ruined...
Right, it's almost time for me to go fetch!
1 comment:
Brilliant blog! GV
Post a Comment