Friday, October 21, 2011

Good sleepers

It's been years, literally, where a good night's sleep for me has meant having to get up only once or twice for a needy baby. Average nights, where I'm up that amount for each baby, have been more common. Early morning wakings are a given and a swiggly toddler pushing me off the side of my own bed is sometimes thrown in for good measure.

I had accepted all this to be the status quo and that Son may only sleep through the night as a teenager or, were miracles to occur, from 3yrs old. From Baby M I hoped for better. Lo and behold, let the record state: both children are now sleeping through the night! Baby M is 9 months old and Son is 2 years 6 months.

We're putting them to bed around 7pm and can go till almost 5am without hearing a peep. It's marvelous...

*Lord, I hope I haven't jinxed it by writing this post*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such great news!!!! I love the sleep chart - what a great idea! XXX GV

Anonymous said...

best star chart ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek, double eek, cant wait to see you this weekend xxxxxxx