Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Curry Power
I wanted to make curry tonight. I opened up a vegetarian recipe book and looked at the first curry recipe I came across. It required lots and lots of spices. To my utter surprise and joy, I had them all. Cumin, coriander, mustard seeds, ground ginger, turmeric and more. And they aren't even past their sell-by date. The only thing I didn't have was chilli powder- in a house with three kinds of mazavaroo and chilli paste in the fridge, two chilli sauces, a Nando's perinaise and chilli flakes in the spice rack- no dried chilli powder! That aside, my spice-draw prowess is thanks only to Veggietotmom and our Thursday afternoon cooking school. No, not school. I'm learning a hellava lot but it's more like a coffee date without the coffee (as she said). And we actually come out of it with something constructive. Tomorrow we do savory muffins. Yippeee. Send me my shopping list please!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've so lobbed in Maz instead of chilli powder…
Post a Comment