These years I am in I fondly call The Backseat Years
Snuggly I fit between two car seats in the back of my Mitsubishi Outlander
While Daddy Robbie sails our ship
In true backseat-driver style, I cautiously instruct:
A little bit warmer please
Change the disk. Next track
Are you turning? It's just that your indicator's on.
To my right, facing the back, Baby M needs comforting
A blankie on one cheek, a hand the other and a dummy in her mouth
Son, on my left, likes my knee up so he can rest his head
When he drops his raggie or dummy I'm right there to pick it up
(Carefully extricating one hand from Baby's cozy cocoon)
He likes to snack and I offer him popcorn on a long drive
or ricecakes around town and apples any time
We sing, "The ants go marching" and "Barney is a Dinosaur"
And we argue when it's time to cater for any other musical tastes
We point out diggers, trucks, petrol tankers, bakkies with trailers and bumper-bashes
When we arrive at our destination my gymnastic disembarkation would score 5 at least
But a kinder score, please, for being such a sport
1 comment:
What a special Mom you are!!!!! XXX G V
Post a Comment