Why have I bought three boxes of Special K?
Three boxes of different flavoured "wow bars"? (Son's fave preservative/colourant-free treat)
New toothbrushes
+/- 72 rolls of toilet paper
Three different types of Vanish stain remover
Enough pasta sauce to carry a small family through a short stint in a bomb shelter?
Have I gone mad?
Perhaps.
But at least my boys won't go hungry
or to work/school with stained clothes and smelly breath
And I won't have to leave for something as mundane as loo paper
No, not when new baby comes
Generally, perhaps militantly, I'm getting through my to-do list.
I've sorted out slips (from bag, onto spreadsheet and into the recycle bin)
wrapped and given Christmas presents
sent outstanding electricity statements to tenants
inquired about fixing our deck wall (again)
inquired about astro-turfing our garden (again)
inquired about getting a replacement car buckle for Peg bassinet
Went to blind society to try get moses basket fixed and hand over bag of old clothing (closed)
Gave old clothing to random car guards
Got new cot linen and all kinds of nice things for impending baby
Still scripting as much as possible and doing approvals
And I even managed to get my hair done!
Must still:
Book dentist (it's on the list, mom!)
Buy new pots
Get a sleeper couch (so upstairs becomes the new guest room)
Hang pictures (darn, meant to do that when Oscar was here today)
Make baby's room pretty
Take photos of all the stuff I want to sell on Gumtree
And at the top of the to-do list-
Wake Son up because it's nearly 5 and if he doesn't wake soon I'll be having a joyous time with him till at least 9 tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment