Supper for Robbie and I tonight is veg soup. Carrots, turnip, sweet potato, celery, leeks, parsley, ginger and lots of garlic. It never occurred to me that Son would actually eat it. He has turned his nose up at this kind of thing one too many times for me to even hope. But I continue to try. I scooped up a ladle of my boiling chunky veggie mixture into one of Son's bowls and when he indicated he was hungry, it had already cooled. Not expecting him to even open his mouth, I carried a little spoon of carrot over none-the-less. Mouth open, carrot in, carrot out. Oh well, I thought, as I blew on the next piece of carrot in case it was still a little hot. I tried again. To my surprise and joy his little mouth opened again. This time the carrot stayed in. And again. And again. All the vegetables he was eating! My heart sang! He even had a second bowl.
In case this is some magic recipe, I will freeze what's left and hope that it works the second, third and fourth times around. Even if it doesn't, I have renewed hope. And I can no longer say that Son doesn't eat vegetables!
No comments:
Post a Comment