Saturday, November 24, 2007

Durban's People Mover

Fellow blogger and book club beauty Noodle has an eye for trends. She is always in the know about what’s happening in and around Durban and today she tells us she has spotted the “People Mover” in action, finally. This means that those fancy bus stops will realize their purpose and not simply be seats under which town’s homeless folk find shelter.

The website croons: The People Mover is the most exciting mode of transport to ever hit Durban’s streets. It revolutionises public transport with world-class safety, luxurious comfort and meticulous reliability. The Durban People Mover covers two routes within the city, linking the beachfront to the CBD as far as Victoria Street Market.

Noodle is sold. She says, “I love taking public transport, but it isn't usually possible in SA, so I think it would be great to support this service”. She has decided to play tourist for a day and I think that’s a fab idea- let's join her for the ride!

A single journey on the People Mover will cost R4 and a day pass R15.

1 comment:

noodle said...

HEY, I'm a noodle…