I like anchovies. It's time I admit it. After anchovy starters (deep fried tastiness!) at Café 1999 on Saturday night, homemade anchovy pasta (with tomatoes and green olives) for lunch on Sunday and an anchovy risotto for dinner tonight, I can no longer say it’s just Rob who likes anchovies in this house.
The recipe:
Broccoli risotto with anchovy and Parmesan:
½ onion chopped
1 table spoon olive oil
200g tenderstem broccoli
Small clove garlic, crushed
3 medium anchovies
¾ cup risotto rice
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1T chopped Italian parsley
Sea salt and milled pepper
- Bring chicken stock to the boil
- In wide saucepan soften onion in olive oil
- Slice stems of broccoli into rounds and cut florets in half if large. Cook the florets in the boiling stock for two minutes before lifting out with a slotted spoon and setting aside. Leave the stock simmering gently.
- Add the garlic and anchovies to the onion mixture and stir until the anchovies disintegrate.
- Add the broccoli rounds and rice stirring to coat.
- Ladle in some stock and stir until the rice absorbs it. Continue in this way until the rice is just tender. (This took about half an hour)
- Stir in the Parmesan, broccoli florets and parsley. Adjust seasoning.
- To serve, spoon into bowls and pass round extra Parmesan.
Note: Fab recipe is from Marie Claire. Their recipe serves 4 but I cut all ingredients to half so double everything if you want to make for 4 people.
Do it. This is good food!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh - it sounds to delicious! did you use fresh parmesan? Either you are going to make it for me - or I will make it for me - yum!
Post a Comment