It’s hot at the Arts Café where I’ve been sitting for the last hour drinking what used to be my favourite cup of coffee until it started being served with pieces of orange rind floating in it. I’m trying to write about animals that move in large numbers and have been looking for inspiration in an illustrated encyclopaedia of animals. Hopefully, after my Vietnamese chicken salad (which should be arriving at the table any moment), I’ll have renewed energy and resume my efforts to produce a fine script for an episode of that kiddies show I’m busy with. Ah, here’s the salad… it looks… a lot blander than it sounded when an enthusiastic waitress read it from the specials board. Maybe the people in the kitchen need to speak to my mom. After I did that yesterday and was again reminded of how vital veggies are for our health, I went home and whipped up a colourful and creative dinner that would make even Nigela Lawson dribble. Grilled red peppers stuffed with a tomato mushroom mixture, grilled aubergine stuffed with chilly, red onion and feta, spicy broccoli steamed to crunchy perfection, and a cheesy cauliflower dish. Seriously people, see.re.ous.LY. That is inspiration.
2 comments:
Patrick Holford and Nigella would be so impressed with your culinary prowess - I know I am! yum! - sounds healthy and delicious!
Advice from your mother in law. When eating out at this time of the year only do so in airconditioned comfort.
Post a Comment