Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Toddler Approved

Time to get creative! My days are freeing up as the contract I've been on nears completion. This means I'm able to be home most afternoons and, even though it is hot,hot,hot and the kids have had a full day of school (often followed by an extra-mural), they are still usually bounding with energy and eager for stimulation.

We like making juices (plain orange or mixed veg), going shopping, play fighting, running in the sprinklers, working through colouring and activity books and watching JimJam (current favorite kids' TV channel).  

But this week we will be taking it to the next level. Inspired by the very creative moms over at Toddler Approved, I have noted down some of the cool activities I can try with my own toddlers.

Spy training
Envelope sorting
Fishing for family

Ambitious as it may be, the activities seem simple enough, not too messy or involved and fun for all. I also think that C and M will get as much pleasure (and skills development) helping with the prep and dismantling, as they will the actual activity. 

I'll try post a few pictures but, if you've followed the links above, please don't expect the same level of online-toddler-magazine-prize-winning photo blogging! My kids and I don't do this for a living!

xx

No comments: