-->
The teachers have been sharing insights
this week. At the parent’s meeting yesterday Son’s teacher reported that he is
very sensitive and extremely bright. These things we know so it shows I suppose
that his character is pretty consistent at home and at school. He takes great
care in his work, likes order, hates confrontation and doesn’t misbehave (this
last one, I assured her, is not always the case, which she was happy to hear).
She is impressed by his logic (“But Mrs Fairygood* there are four corners and
only three children”, as the task-team laid out the blanket for snack or story
time), his memory, his imagination (add: tendency to embellish) and his ability
to communicate (instead of simply saying “help” he’d say “Mrs Fairygood*, I
don’t think I’ll be able to manage this completely on my own”). We don't know
why he says “fairy- good” instead of “Thur-good”, but she loves it so it’s
allowed to stay. She said sometimes she has to remind herself that he is only 3
and that we mustn’t forget that either. I don’t think we do. But he will be
four soon and then, then the expectations will rocket! Kidding. My little
Saucepan Man...
Now this little marshmallow, Little Lady M,
with her bunny always close by. Her playgroup teacher says she has such chein.
Spot on. When she’s not there it’s boring I'm told. I'll get mms pictures sent
in the day which crack me up: she's grinning in an outrageous dress-up ensemble
(compete with some kind of preggie belly) or she's gotten in (or on) the
miniature dolly bathtub and is making a big show of giving herself a bath.
Full were sentences were reported this
week: “I’ll come with you,” to the kitchen for biscuits. “This one me, this
one Shai / Eya / Yoshi", as she takes charge of handing out the biscuits. She
does like to take charge. It's best, if you're going to have to help her, to do
it as swiftly and invisibly as possible.She can get very cross.
At Moms and Tots, the Tuesday class Little
M and I do, "Aunty Ru" joked (not so jokingly) that I'd be wise to keep M
on a very tight leash now, or we’ll have big problems when she’s a
teenager. Okay so listening to instructions is just not her best, certainly not
Ru's each week for an hour and a half surrounded by a room of toys and puzzles
and other moms and children. So after a few swell terms of obedience training
I’ve informed teach that this term will be our last.
Our M would far rather jump into a pool
with clothes on (as she did when visiting my parents at a larney hotel
recently).
(PS. hope you like the new blog layout. Fancied a change in template...)
1 comment:
Your children are amazing. Each one is unique. Its so nice to watch children become the people that they are. In general, I mean. xxxx
Post a Comment