Friday, June 29, 2012

Story collecting

These children are my favorite things in the world. I will be leaving them for a few days and, while I know I'll miss them, I am feeling surprisingly calm about my imminent departure. They seem fine about it too (for the time-being) and their dad, who will be doing all the parenting while I'm away, seems quietly confident himself (long may it last!)!

My travels will take me to the National Arts Festival for a no-doubt chilly and enchanting weekend. My travel-mate is my mom who will be flying in from Jo'burg to meet me in PE around lunch-time today. From there we will drive to the historical town of Grahamstown which becomes a hub of theatre, dance, music, art and interesting people over festival period.

I am most excited about having access to such fantastic and varied forms of cultural expression, especially as I will be sharing it all with someone as dear to me as my beloved ma! The fact that I will be getting three nights of uninterrupted sleep comes in a close second!

I have left activities for the kids to do each day and have told them I will be collecting stories which I'll be bringing back to share with them.

Will update on the other side

x

No comments: