Thursday, April 19, 2012

And then he was three

This boy of mine. He really is something else. I love the words he chooses and how he strings them together to form the most interesting sentences and state the most outstanding observations. I love the softness of the skin on his sturdy bod and each shade of hair on his round head. I love it when he is brave and I love it when he wraps his arms around my legs and says "I love you mommy. I love you more than the stars and more than the rockets". I love it when he climbs; into our bed for a morning snuggle and up the cargo net to summit the jungle gym. I love how he constructs great things with lego and train tracks and how he sometimes just needs to break things. But never wanting to do any real harm. He is caring and careful and creative- so excited about cutting and tearing and sticking and puzzling and reading and helping in the kitchen and picking peppers in the garden and playing in the sand on the beach. My beach boy. He is such a blessing, makes me so proud and keeps my love tank so full. And now he is three!

We celebrated in small ways over the course of the weekend and on the Monday (a public holiday the day after his birthday), we had a party in the garden at Toptots (where I used to take him for mommy/baby classes). Here are some photos:















































Son's uncle is a professional photographer and he was there taking snaps. If anyone knows how to ever actually get to see the pictures he takes at family functions (other than the odd 2 that might go up on Facebook), then please tell me cause I really would like to!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Magnificent!!!!! XXXXX GV