Friday, February 10, 2012

Baby M is not the least bit helpful when it comes to getting Son to like her. She’s taken to using her teeth on him, pulling fistfuls of his hair and smacking him when he’s down. For him there's nothing redeemingly endearing in her boisterous ways or even in her cute walking or talking developments. Last night she said “bear” while pointing to one of the three bears in Goldilocks!! He understandably doesn’t like that she wants anything and everything he is playing with/eating/drinking. And he certainly does not like being started with, tending to react oh so dramatically to even a minor infringement.

The fact that I’m alone with both of them every night this week (bar Monday) has not made keeping them separate any easier. In a moment of sanity now, I’m typing this on the floor with Coby bathing to my right and Baby M turning things upside down in the playroom behind a gate to my left. Now she’s starting to shake the gate and moan and probably doesn’t remember at all that she is there because she gave Son a serious hair yanking at the start of bath time.

I better get him out and her in. Then I might just put myself to bed first and let them work the rest out themselves ;)

No comments: