They both cost the same and I can’t get both so I must chose one. Either
a) Art (go ‘illustrations’, then ‘companions’, then ‘The Whale Shark’)or
b) Worms (40 Litre)
Both have long term value: the art will almost certainly be worth more tomorrow than it is today, firstly because the artist is a friend who will give the work to me for half price, and secondly because I think his work is really good and based on the interest being shown in his latest exhibition (see “The Curious”), it’s surely a good investment. The worms, however, are an investment in the future of our planet! They will eat all my organic waste thereby reducing my carbon footprint. And they’ll provide excellent manure for our garden forever (so the saleslady says).
Both will also give me immediate pleasure: The art work moves me, stirring something deep within; it is sensitive yet powerful, intimate yet grand. And the worms, well they’ll be the last piece in the recycling puzzle we’ve been putting together here at home and, as Robbie says, they’re pets. We like pets.
So which should it be; Art or Worms?
No comments:
Post a Comment