Saturday, December 29, 2007

As 2007 waves goodbye...


Cape Town is having a good season. It feels good to be alive there, whether breakfasting with friends in Camps Bay, sunning on the deck with book and ipod, running along the beach front or shlurping cocktails at sunset. From further up the mountain the town’s geography is breathtaking. The blue sky reflects the blue sea which is dotted with boats and dolphins. In green and brown the land rises steeply to form mountains on which clouds rest to avoid competing with the potent African sun. Colourful homes stake their claim on land between the mountain and the sea. Cutting edge buildings (and those that once were) scrape the sky and offer high profile views for all those those high powered clients, investors and mistresses.

Remember I said running on the beachfront? Well I’m wearing a knee guard now because of it. Nothing major but taking my new hobby of running off the treadmill and onto the open road has flared up an old injury from my karate days. The knee guard seems to be helping as I crouch by an open bag, separating clean and dirty clothes from one holiday and loading the washing machine for the next one which begins tomorrow. The jazz music is helping too, as is having Rob cleaning the fish tank next to where I’m sorting clothes.

Below I will paste some photos from our week in Cape Town. They are no where near as impressive as the photo’s my brother-in-law takes but they were taken with a cellphone camera and are so impressive in that regard that they almost redeem the actual phone. I apologize before hand for not including a really nice photo from dinner at the Ribovale with mom and dad- the traif on my plate would horrify my darling brother (who is soon to be home and whom I so desperately look forward to seeing).





1 comment:

noodle said...

Goodbye 2007, helloooo 2008!

Your pics are cool… they capture your holiday perfectly. No holiday to Cape Town would be complete without eating granadilla lollies on the beach.