What began as daily rehearsals from 9 to 5 for two weeks is now 10 till 4 and some times, like today, I get to leave after lunch because the director needs to work more with the other team who haven’t picked up the play as quickly as Thabo and I have. Me and Thabs make a good team. He calls me Zodwa for some reason and explains to me why Zuma is the best choice for South Africa’s next president. He has also helped me realize that many of the Xhosa words which I picked up in Cape Town mean something completely different in isiZulu. ‘I am tired’ in one means ‘I am angry’ in the other and ‘phuza’ which means kiss in Xhosa means drink in Zulu. It’s inspired us to write a children’s play. Fun.
Apart from the days we get to leave rehearsals early, I’m basically busy from morning to night, which is great but tiring and leaves me little time for blogging.
However, there has been a wonderful development in the universe which couldn’t go unblogged for another moment: my sister (of pea soup recipe fame) has gotten engaged! Halala! (Congratulations. It’s something I say in the play.) Now they can start having babies. Okay maybe not just yet, first they have to negotiate their wedding. Both sets of parents want a big fancy do but Ca and G are a rather alternative couple, bohemian if you will, who are known to do things in their own unique style. Let the compromising, negotiating, sweet-talking and deep breathing begin! Followed by a life-time of companionship… and more of all the above!
2 comments:
well said baby!!!!!!!sounds good to me...........
"makoti ki de nako wa jiga jiga, makoti wa halala wa jiga jiga"- try that out on Thabs
halala..........
At the wedding we will sing and dance and drink sherry
hi Logan - hope you are returned safely to that lovely husband of yours. You were very helpful today and I particularly like your new sexy hair. Only bad news, is that your left your red earring behind right next to our portable phone! Not to worry, I'll keep em safe! p.s it's time to blogg!
Post a Comment